Tuesday 27 September 2016

The Lust List: September 2016

Since I gave up my job on a whim to become a penniless student again, I've had to readjust to a fairly frugal lifestyle i.e. I can't justify my weekly Boots splurge, Yankee Candle obsession or unfathomable need to purchase a range of obscure homeware items from Etsy despite not actually owning a home. I have no doubt my postman is thrilled that he doesn't have to stagger under the weight of all my packages anymore, but personally I'm having shopping withdrawal!

I miss being able to treat myself to anything I fancied. I'm mourning a life where I could immediately replace my foundation without having to weigh up my expenses. Was being a student this hard the first time round? I have a list as long as my arm of pointless things I want for absolutely no reason other than that I just want them.

And then I thought, hey, I'll share them with you guys! We'll call it the Lust List.

So here are some of the things I've been lusting after recently...

Belle's Library Candle, Anthology Candles £12.49

The world is truly a cruel place! Here I find there's a company that makes Disney scented candles(!) and it turns out they only ship out of the U.S. I have no doubt I could justify £12.62 for a candle, but it's the £26 on top for shipping that well and truly puts them out of my reach.



But they just call to me! Haunted Manor, Main Street Bakery, Briar Rose - Make it Pink...the Disney fiend in me is crying out for this collection! But above all I want Belle's Library, partly because Belle is my favourite princess and partly because, above all things, I want my room to smell like a library.

Hocus Pocus T-Shirt, Etsy £12.50

As soon as Autumn hits I'm officially in Halloween mode. For the next few weeks thoughts of pumpkins and potion bottles will eclipse everything else in my life.



A Halloween themed t-shirt just seems so utterly necessary to me. I mean, if Christmas jumpers are acceptable then why on Earth not? And, be honest, how cute would this look over a pair of leggings with some boots?

The Balm Nude Dude Eyeshadow Palette, £29.99 Superdrug

As much as I try to convince myself that I don't need another eyeshadow palette in my life, my heart is crying out for this. Those neutral matte colours just speak to my soul! My outer crease is crying out for Funny!


It must be the change in season because I've suddenly been overcome with the desire to go out and buy new eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushes and nail polishes. All matte and all in various shades of burgundy and brown. 


Pumpkin, Lush £20.95

Like I said, my Halloween obsession is very real and so is my obsession with Lush cosmetics. Everything they make looks adorable and smells heavenly! Plus I love the whole ethos of the business: their commitment to the environment, their charity products and the fact that they don't test on animals.

So naturally a goodie bag loaded with Halloween Lush products just cries out to me. It's full of the products from the Halloween collection that I'm most desperate to try: the Sparkly Pumpkin bubble bar (glitter everywhere!), the Pumpkin bath bomb, the Boo bath melt and the Lord of Misrule bath bomb. And, I mean, just look at it! It's so cute!

Imitation Leather Leggings, H&M £19.99

Deep down I know these would probably look ridiculous on me. Leather look leggings aren't really designed for those of us who are more...solid in the thigh department. In fact it would probably be just as disastrous as the time I tried on disco pants.

But everywhere I go I see girls absolutely killing it in leggings like these. They give an outfit a certain va va voom, you know? So, disastrous as it may turn out to be, I at least want to give them a fair shot!

The Fab Pore: Pore Purifying Mask and Peel, Soap & Glory £10

My pores are so huge that a small family could take up residence in them and it would be five days before I'd even notice. My cheeks looks like the surface of the moon! I've tried all sorts of scrubs, masks and cleansers (I've even plastered baking powder over my face), but I've yet to find something that makes a really noticeable difference.


The Fab Pore was recommended to me by one of my Youtube subscribers who swears by it and there are countless online reviews from large-pored girls like myself who claim it changed their faces forever. There's hope for me yet!


What are you guys lusting after at the moment?
SaveSave
SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!