Sunday 25 June 2017

Soap & Glory Fab Pore 2-in-1 Pore Purifying Mask and Peel | Is is a Miracle Mask?

My quest to find the best in budget-friendly skincare brought me to Soap & Glory's Fab Pore 2-in-1 Pore Purifying Mask and Peel. Lord knows, if anyone's pores need purifying it's mine! 

I don't suffer from a lot of breakouts (thankfully that epic pimple-plague of doom that attacked my face while I was reviewing Garnier's SkinActive Green Tea range has finally cleared up!), but I do have some pretty stubborn blackheads on my nose and chin that seem to have taken up a lifelong residence. Then, of course, there's the issue of my enormous pores. At least if Britain faces austerity in future, I can make a little money on the side by renting out my pores for small families to live in. That's how huge they are!



The mask-peel duo is infused with PORESHRINK-R technology (whatever that is) and YUZU, which I'm told is some kind of fruit. The point is, it's a product aimed at girls like me who are in need of a bit of a pick-me-up in the pore department so I couldn't wait to slather this stuff on my face.

First things first - this has no peeling function so I don't know where the whole 2-in-1 mask/peel thing came from. Let's call a spade a spade. It's a mask. But what a mask!

The consistency is perfect. It's nice and thick, which makes it easy to apply. And, let's face it, there's nothing worse than a face mask that drips into you lap! A little goes a heck of a long way, which is a relief because I'd originally thought £10 for 30ml was a little steep. Not the case though! This will last me a good while.



Unlike a lot of face masks I've used, this one doesn't dry up and tighten on the face; it's feels the same when you take it off as it does when you put it on. It washes off easily enough with a little warm water (again, no peeling) and (ta da!) a brand new face is revealed.

Well, not quite, but the results are very impressive! My skin feels instantly rejuvenated and refreshed after using this. Not only does my skin feel tingly and clean afterwards, but it's so smooth to the touch that I can't help but force people to touch my face so they can be as amazed as I am at how silky soft it is. 

Needless to say, this is my new go-to when it comes to battling weird skin texture and I've found it's doubly effective when used right after exfoliating. I pop this mask on after a vigorous scrub with Clinique's ........ and my face is transformed! This winning combination also seems to be the ultimate weapon to use in my ongoing blackhead battle too. The key really is consistency though. While my face looks and feels wonderful after each individual use, I've noticed the best results when I've used the mask consistently two or three times a week.


But be warned! This product is aimed at the oily-skinned people among us and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. My skin has oil to spare (and then some) so my face can take a mask like this one a few times a week and it balances everything out. Those with normal skin might want to stick to using this once a week and those with dry skin should avoid at all costs unless you want your face to resemble a baked sponge. 

As for its pore-reducing power, that has yet to be seen. I feel quite confident that with regular use I'll see some improvement in that department, but even if I don't, I'll still have a super soft face and a few less blackheads to worry about so I'm happy either way!

Smell: 3.5
Oil control: 5
Clarity of skin: 4.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!