Saturday 2 May 2015

Monthly Musings: Apirl

Do you ever feel like life is train, hurtling forward at a speed so obscenely fast that sometimes you feel like shouting, "Hey, can't we just pull over for a minute so I can pee?" 

Somehow April has come and gone before I even got out of the habit of writing March on all my paperwork. But, regardless of whether I'm prepared for the onset of May or not, here it comes. And, with the end of the month come my Monthly Musings. 

 Obsession of the month...

I know I am extremely late to the party on this one, but this month I started watching Game of Thrones. Why did this take so long?! Why did no one force me to sit down and watch this years ago? I mean, yes, my ex-boyfriend did try, and my housemates, and then my friends...and my brother. And I suppose it's true that my father has been demanding I watch it for at least the last 8 months, but, really, I feel like more could have been done. 
I am now trying to make up for lost time by binge-watching it every evening and have started silently cursing every episode of Coronation Street, Eastenders and various other soap opera-type rubbish that my mother insists on watching. Woman, you are eating into my Game of Thrones time and some of us are desperate to know what's going to happen to John Snow!  

Accomplishment of the month...

This month I got a job as a summer camp counsellor...in Maine! In just 7 short weeks I jet off to spend a summer toasting smores on a camp-fire, trying to come to terms with the fact that the letter 'u' will all but cease to exist, and slowly edging my way ever closer to the Jack Daniels distillery. This is the stuff that dreams are made of!

What's more, I've already Googled the bear population in the town I'll be based in and it seems very unlikely that I will be mauled to death (although back in 2012 a bear did attempt to steal a couple's hamburgers) so that's one less thing to worry about.

The moose population, however, is an entirely different matter...

Low point of the month...

Without a doubt the low point of my month was turning on Netflix and discovering that Greek had been removed. Why would Mr. Netflix do such a thing?! I had intentionally imposed a Greek ration to stop myself from burning through the entire series too quickly (à la Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Desperate Housewives, and, of course, Toddlers and Tiaras) and suddenly, not even midway through the series, it has been cruelly snatched away from me! Is it too much to want to know if Cappie and Casey will ever get back together or whether anyone will finally push Rebecca Logan off a high cliff?!

Book of the month...

Memoirs of a Geisha. I thoroughly enjoyed this book (which was a relief after trawling through last month's book)! It's beautifully written without being too dense or heavy-going, the plot is intriguing and unlike anything I've read before, and yes, it did make me cry! If you're on the lookout for your next read then I would definitely recommend this one! 

Youtuber of the month...

I love ridiculous Buzzfeed articles so when I realised there were ridiculous Buzfeed videos...naturally I was all over that! From 'If Disney Princesses Texted their Princes' to 'If Girlfriends were Honest when Arguing', they have a video for pretty much every mood and I find them all hilarious. 


Things ticked off The 2015 List...

Another epic fail with regards to the 2015 List. There's no real excuse seeing as so many of the things on there can be done from the comfort of my own home with little to no effort (it's not as if watching When Harry Met Sally is going to be particularly taxing). But, once again, I've done absolutely nothing on the list. I'm a failure. I accept it. Let's move on.

Next month I will aim to...

Aside from finalising my travel plans, coming up with a three week arts and crafts itinerary for camp, and finding myself a suitcase big enough for all my junk, by the end of May I aim to have 500 subscribers on my Youtube channel. My original aim for the entire year was to reach 100 so I've already smashed that target. But 500? Are there really 500 people out there willing to listen to my rambling? 

We'll see I guess!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!