Tuesday 23 December 2014

Dear Santa...

Christmas is coming at high-speed, regardless of whether or not I'm ready for it. And right now I'm really not. But it's about time I did a Christmas-themed post so I thought I'd steal an idea I saw on fiveleveninety, a blog I follow mostly because I like to live vicariously through Riley, the author. She can do long distance running while I can't even jog for three minutes without falling over, she's still in college while I'm stuck in a boring post-uni world of taxes and living with my parents, and it snows where she lives while here it just rains. Constantly.


Anyway, she did a Dear Santa post, sharing the top five things she has on her Christmas list this year. I think it's a really nice idea, especially if the rest of her readers are as nosey as I am. So here's a little insight into what I'm wishing for this Christmas...




1. A new gym bag

For way too long I have been lugging my clothes back and forth the gym in a scabby, old hand-luggage bag, which is literally falling apart and too small to fit my shoes into. I put a holdall from First Cheer on my Christmas list because is has lots of zips (I'm attracted to that kind of thing) and a strap that actually works!

2. The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer 

Perhaps I was a little optimistic putting this on my list because I've been trying to get hold of it for months to no avail. It's just constantly sold out! But perhaps by some Christmas miracle I'll finally get what I'm assured is the best powder highlighter in existence.

3. A Dallas Cowboys sports set by Victoria's Secret

This is kind of cheating because I know for a fact that this will be under the tree on Christmas morning. My mother had me try it on when it arrived because it looked so teeny tiny. Good thing I did! I may be a small in normal clothes, but by Victoria's Secret's standards I'm a large. Thanks for making me feel great about myself guys...

4. Anything to make editing Youtube videos easier

This isn't on my actual Christmas list, but it's definitely one of the top on my hypothetical, anything-goes list. I despair when it comes to making and editing my videos because the camera I use has practically no memory and my editing software is awful. In a perfect world I'd get myself a new camera or a Mac so I could use Imovie. Anything really to put an end to my editing woes.

5. Jessica Simpson's body in Dukes of Hazzard

While we're on the subject of things I know for a fact I won't be getting for Christmas, the ultimate gift would be a hot body like Jessica Simpson's back when she was Daisy Duke. Oh to be able to rock those tiny little hot-pants! Also, I wouldn't say no to the cowboy boots either.


I'm not entirely sure what Santa would make of that list, but a girl can dream. I'd love to hear what you guys are hoping for this Christmas because, like I said, I'm nosey.




2 comments:

  1. Aimee,

    Love your Christmas wish list! Totally on the same page as you for #4. I'm currently using Movie Maker, and while it gets the trick done for what I need, I would still love something fancy like Final Cut to feel like a pro!

    Thanks for all the kind words! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Riley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riley,
      Thanks so much! And I hope you have a great Christmas! :D
      Aimee

      Delete

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!