Wednesday 9 July 2014

Clean 9 Part 2: The Final Results

So in case you hadn't heard, I'm halfway through my Forever Clean 9 cleanse. During the first half I endured two days without food, adjusted to the oh so distinctive taste of aloe vera gel and had some surprising results. If you haven't read that it's right here. Because who in their right mind reads the end of a story without the beginning?

This post is a continuation of the last one, documenting the highs, lows and totally random inner monologues of the second half of the cleanse. I'm allowed a six hundred calorie meal a day, which initially sounded like it would make a feast. In fact, it probably would do if I didn't insist on somehow squeezing white bread in there somehow. But I'm totally prepared to sacrifice some peppers and onions for a buttered roll. I am, after all, Queen of Carbs.

Day 5

9:26am: I no longer need to sleep for ten or so hours to feel well-rested. This morning I woke up at 8:15am (and, let's be honest, that's practically the middle of the night) wide-eyed and ready to take on the day. There was an internal struggle because I was loathed to leave the comfort of my bed at such an unreasonable hour, but, try as I might, I couldn't get back to sleep. This is a big deal for a girl who's been known to sleep for thirteen hours and still need an afternoon nap. 
For a good few years I've suffered from insomnia followed by extreme fatigue in a kind of malicious cycle. The result is I've spent much of my life either in bed snoozing during the daytime or in bed tossing and turning during the night-time. If the Clean 9 can put and end to all that it will have a huge impact on my life.

5:10pm: Another day almost over with. I've felt great today and surprised myself by absolutely smashing a Jillian Michael's workout. I thought for sure I wouldn't stand a chance of getting through it seeing as I haven't been having many calories, but my energy levels are so high and I feel strong!
I'm not sure if Diet Cola can be included in my calorie count for tonight's dinner, but I'm taking a chance. I'm in the mood for a treat. I really haven't been very hungry for the past two days and my cravings have all but vanished. The only problem I'm having is with the maths involved in counting my calories.

5:15pm: I wish I was taking a shot of whisky rather than a shot of aloe vera...

6:28pm: I just made my yoghurt last twenty minutes. It was glorious.


Day 6

"This may be the worst day ever to be banned from drinking"
11:14pm: I feel great! I weighed again this morning and I haven't lost any more weight. Actually I've gained an inch around my waist since day three, which is really bizarre. But my hair is super soft and smooth and I just feel wonderful! I can officially give up on afternoon naps at this rate.

6:28pm: This may be the worst day ever to be banned from drinking and stuffing my face. A big group of us sat outside the cricket club and there was a BBQ and cheap alcohol. Oh, what I wouldn't have done for a glass of rose and a burger! Even worse, I'm going to a house party tonight and I am guaranteed to be the only sober person there. In fact, odds are I'm going to be the only one able to stand up straight.

1:06am: I am pouting. There were vodka jelly shots and scotch. 

Day 7

9:16am: My mother woke me up after only six hours of sleep. For the first time in I can't remember how long the sound of her bursting into my room to sit on the edge of my bed and ramble on about rubbish while I'm half awake didn't make me want to claw her eyes out. On the contrary, I woke in an excellent mood and actually sat up and took part in the conversation! I feel so well-rested and full of energy! And all this before my usual surfacing time of noon.

10:10pm: I never thought I'd be able to sit next to a packet of chocolate biscuits without pouncing on them. But that's what's happening right now. I'm barely hungry at all throughout the day and I'm so full of energy! It's like a constant caffeine high without the unpleasant crash or weird buzzing in my ears when I try to sleep at night. I'm getting a little bit bored of the monotony though. I mean, I love the convenience of not having to cook or wash any dishes, but it would be nice to think, "Oooh, I know what I fancy" and then go and actually eat it. But on the whole, it's going really well and the last week has gone by surprisingly quickly. 

Day 8

1:51pm: I'm starting to wonder what I'll eat when this is over. Initially, I had every intention of making my way through nine days worth of chocolate to make up for lost time, but I don't think I could manage that now. Even the idea of coming downstairs on Wednesday morning and eating breakfast seems a little strange. One thing's for sure. I will be having Jack Daniels. 

Day 9

8:13pm: What a day! I got up at the crack of dawn, went to a job interview, failed the job interview and was forced to drive home in the rain listening to country music in the knowledge that there was no glass of wine at home to comfort me when I got back because alcohol is still off limits. But the fact that I walked about twenty miles up and down a department store trying to sell make up no one wanted for no salary (crafty getting applicants to do the work for you) without collapsing on the floor shows me how far I've come. I feel like I'm finally functioning like a normal human being!
I weighed again this morning and I haven't lost any more weight. 9lbs in nine days is still pretty amazing though. 

Final Verdict

Gone are the days of gooey eyes, an itchy tongue (yes, tongue, I know that's weird) and cowering in the presence of plant-life. My hayfever cleared up entirely and only made a sneaky appearance when I forgot to take my bee pollen tablets one day. My eyes, nose and mouth are now all fully-functioning again and my face is not a swollen mess of despair.

I feel great! I can actually get out of bed in the mornings without sobbing quietly to myself. My mood has improved and the unexplainable fatigue I've been battling for years is a thing of the past. I've been awake for sixteen consecutive hours today and I only feel slightly tired. Before I'd struggle to make it past six hours. Seriously, I kid you not when I say I could easily take two naps in a day and still go to bed at 10pm.

And I lost 9lbs! That still amazes me. I've lost a little over five inches and I can fit into my denim shorts! I lot of people have warned me that I'm probably going to put all the weight back on again as soon as the cleanse is over, but the majority of people I've spoken to who did the Clean 9 never did. Since all the nasty toxins have been removed from the system the body no longer feels the need to store fat so quickly. So fingers crossed that that's true because I'd love to lose a few more pounds to squeeze into my cute little pink and cream dress for my birthday. Because it makes me feel like Barbie. And I love that!

I'm still no Victoria Secret model and I've still got a way to go, but that's a heck of an improvement in nine days!



Needless to say, I'm impressed. In fact, I haven't really shut up about it. So much so that I've convinced my mother and Hayleigh to give it a go. And now you should all give it a go. If I can do it (a girl who has been known to eat an entire large Dominos pizza and a side of cheesy garlic pizza bread in one sitting...with dessert) then anyone can. 

And if you're just dying to give this a go yourself now, you can get your Clean 9 pack here:
Forever Product Shop
And, if you do try it out, let me know how it goes and share your transformation pictures with me on instagram! I'm @aimee_oddball! 

 Now where's the cake?

2 comments:

  1. Well done, you look amazing :) It's good that it's helped you so much with your hayfever and your sleep/energy! The improvement is pretty impressive :) Now go and enjoy something sweet or alcoholic ahha! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was worth all the grumpiness in the end! And now I appreciate my treats so much more haha xx

      Delete

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!