Friday 26 August 2016

Estee Lauder Blogger Event: Prosecco, Face Masks and Freebies...Oh My!

It's not very often that I get to describe a Thursday evening as fun-filled and glamorous (I mean, usually I'd be in my pjs by 7pm with a Mini Milk, watching Take me Out). But last night I was lucky enough to attend a fabulous Estee Lauder blogging event courtesy of their counter in Boots, Cribbs Causeway.


For a while I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it, what with the exhaust literally falling off my car and the motor giving out in one of the windows so that it wouldn't go back up. Luckily the garage managed fit a new exhaust in time for me to make it to Bristol, albeit with a black bag taped to the side of my car in an attempt to keep the rain out. Trying to pay at the Severn Bridge was a nightmare I never want to have to repeat.

But it was definitely worth all the drama when I finally got there (slightly frizzy and dishevelled as I was since the black bag only held out for the first 15 miles of my journey). The event was held at Scavi and Ray, a chic prosecco bar in the Cribbs Causeway Shopping Mall that Carrie Bradshaw herself would be proud to be spotted at. We had an array of delicious nibbles and adorable little bottles of prosecco with straws, which went down a treat!


First we heard about the history of Estee Lauder, who was, in fact, a real-life woman and a sassy, ingenious girlboss at that! She was the first to give out free samples and gifts with purchase. You guys, we owe that woman so much!

And then we got into the products. I felt like a small child on Christmas morning!


We tried out some of the products from the Advanced Night Repair range including the foil mask made famous by Victoria Beckham. I used it on the back of my hand and even now, almost 24 hours later, one hand is still smoother and more fresh-looking than the other. My hands look they they belong to two different people!

We also got to try out some of the products from the Genuine Glow range, which was super exciting because a) it's designed specifically for us millennials and b) everything is pink! For me the stand out product was the Eyelighting Creme for Eyes and Face. The glow it gave my skin was so beautiful without any of the harsh shininess that you can sometimes get with cream highlighters. I fell in love!


From there we went and got colour-matched for the famous Double Wear foundation, which I've been desperate to try for goodness knows how long. Here's a fun fact: Estee Lauder have 44 different foundation shades. 44! That means there's a shade for everyone and no one has to settle for a colour that's a little too pale or a tad too warm. It's the utopia of foundations!

I had a little sample of Double Wear to bring home with me along with a goodie bag bursting with products I can't wait to try out. By this time next week my skin will be so smooth and radiant that no one will recognise me!

And the lovely ladies at Estee Lauder are so generous that they want all you guys to have a free gift too! Just take this picture (you don't even have to print it, you can take it on your phone) to the Estee Lauder counter at Boots, Cribbs Causeway and you'll get a free gift with any purchase!




I'm so glad my dodgy little car got me to Bristol last night because it really was a lovely evening. Thank you to all the ladies from the Estee Lauder counter for being so friendly and especially to Karen for organising such a lovely event! All in all the evening was a fantastic opportunity to meet some lovely new friends, learn more about a fantastic brand and fall in love with some new products.

Seriously, I've already started writing my Christmas list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!