Sunday 10 August 2014

Another Little Loon

So I’m nearing the end of a 4 and half hour train journey up to North Wales to visit one of my best friends, Beth. I do not enjoy trains. Public transport is, after all, where society’s loons congregate. Like the lady across the carriage who stared intently at me for 20 minutes. And the old woman who stood in the middle of the aisle, shouting about everyone and everything and refused to take her seat because she was convinced the conductor was ‘up to something’.

So I thought it would help make time go by a little faster (and keep me from having to make eye contact with anyone) if I caught up on some blogging. Despite the fact that my life has become boring and meaningless since I left uni, it’s surprisingly hard to find the time to sit down and type up a blog. 

If you read The Littlest Loon then you'll get the idea behind this post. This time the spotlight falls on my nine year old nephew, Ellis, who was born an old man and, in recent months, has taken to informing me that I'm embarrassingly uncool (gone are the days when my knowledge of Disney films and extensive fancy dress collection made me a legend in his eyes).

A few weeks ago I asked him a series of questions to see what kinds of bizarre ideas lurk in that little brain of his. There are some very odd answers. Everything I said is in red and Ellis' ramblings are in blue

What makes you the most happy?
Having someone to play with.

What’s your favourite food?
Meat.

What advice would you give to mammy and daddy?
You’re awesome.

If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
Not go to school.
You’re not in school now and you’re visible.
...Still not go to school.

What’s your favourite thing about Lauren?
Pause
She's cute?

What’s your least favourite thing about Lauren?
She annoying.

What are the best at?
Building things.

How would you describe your Auntie Aimee?
She’s amazing! (Emphasis added)

What’s your favourite memory?
When I went to Disneyland?
What part?
When I went to Sea World.

What was your favourite holiday?
When I went to Greece for the last time. 

If you could go anywhere where would you go?
Texas.
Why?
Because it’s awesome.

If you had a million pound what would you do?
…..
Mulling it over?
…..
A million pound. What would you do?
Go to Route 66 and buy the Lego Movie video game…because that’s the best game you can get and you can get a better chance of not having a glitch if you buy it in California.
…Ok.

What’s your favourite time of the year?
Summer.
Why?
Because it’s the season that people umm…go on strike. And you can go down the beach a lot.

Do you have a girlfriend?
No.
Do you want a girlfriend?
No.
Why?
Because I don’t.

What five words best describe you?
That’s too hard for me. I can’t.

What’s the hardest thing about being a kid?
You have to do more…you have a lot of problems because you have lots of bullies.

What’s the best thing about being a kid?
That if a ship is sinking, children get off first.

If you could have one super power, what super power would you have?
Oooh. I can’t think...Telekinese.
Telekinesis?
Yeah.

What do you want for Christmas this year?
Mmm. Disney Infinity 2.0 if I don’t get it… if it isn’t….no. No, not that. The Lego Movie video game. That’s the main one.

And now that I've shared the weird and wonderful musings of a nine year old loon, I have to return to my train journey of doom...making a concious effort not to accidentally glance over in the direction of the woman I'm pretty sure is still staring at me. 

2 comments:

  1. Did she very stop staring? On the plus side great post loving the answers'

    ReplyDelete
  2. She didn't stop staring until she got off the train. It was very unnerving! Thanks :) He's totally bonkers!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!