Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas Must-Haves and Lust-Haves. My First Haul!

So the monthly haul idea I talked about after the blogger meet up (which was all the way back in October I believe) obviously never happened. I'm much more comfortable ranting and raving about my personal experiences, but I do really love trying out products (as the size of my make-up case suggests) and for once I think we'll have a bit of a girlie post. And, seeing as Christmas is looming, this is a great time to recommend a few bits and pieces you might want to pick up as presents for others...or for yourself. 'Tis the season to be glamorous after all and you can never have too many lipglosses...


The Stocking Fillers
Perfect little gifts with tiny price tags and must-have products for the party season.

Santa's Lip Scrub
£5.50 - Lush

So, as everyone knows, it isn't really Christmas until you see the Coca Cola advert on tv. So this cola flavoured lip scrub must be what Christmas tastes like. I'll be honest, after the Beacon kissed me, screwed up his face and told me I tasted 'sour', it got demoted to the bottom of the make up box. But now that the cold weather has settled in, this stuff has become a staple. I follow it up with a lip balm (Lush do one in a matching flavour) and chapped lips are kept at bay.

Lee Stafford Blow Dry Wonder Spray
£6.19 - Boots

I think my favourite thing about this is that I found it in a Poundland when I was home over the summer. But it's definitely worth the £6.19 Boots are asking for it. My hair is so long and thick it's like trying to sort out Cousin It's hair in the morning. This really does reduce the time I spend blow-drying my hair and, as a result, gives me more time in bed. Win!

Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Hold Me Hairspray
£4.99 - Boots

Heated rollers, curling irons, velcro rollers...I'm in as long as it makes my hair look halfway decent. And I recommend this hairspray for curls because it doesn't have that awful smell that sticks in the back of your throat and doesn't give your hair that stiff, plastic look that makes people think you'll spontaneously combust if they light a match within 10 yards of you.

Toothy Tabs
£2.50 - Lush

I'll be the first to admit that this is a strange concept. It's basically toothpaste in a tablet. I tried 'Sparkle' which is vanilla flavoured. It was an odd feeling when I finished brushing my teeth and my mouth didn't taste like mint, but my teeth definitely felt squeaky clean. They're quirky. I think they'd be a great idea for anyone who does a lot of travelling or festival-going because they're a lot less hassle than regular toothpaste when it comes to packing.


The Glamour Gifts
Maybe just a little something oh-so glamorous and a bit more pricey for a sister or a friend...or just go and buy them all for yourself like I did.

They're Real Mascara
£19.50 - Benefit

You must have seen this on your travels. It's the UK's No.1 best selling mascara and it is FABULOUS! When I lost mine on the way to Cologne and had to pick up a cheap substitute (which, by the way, made my eyes burn), the Beacon asked, "Why would you spend £20 on mascara?" as if I was deranged. Deranged I may well be, but I can tell you right now that this mascara is the business. It gives me full, thick lashes and it's 100% waterproof. I can cry to my heart's content after one too many drinks and can trust that my mascara will stay in tact even when my dignity is slowly falling apart.
And, one last note on this, Benefit are doing a lot of Christmas gift sets that include They're Real and an array of their other luxurious products. If you want to make a girl's day, leave one of those under the tree.

Golden Gloss Lipgloss
£22 - YSL

Christmas is the one time of year when my obsession with glitter and sparkles is totally acceptable and I can leave the house looking like a fairy threw up all over me. So I was naturally drawn to this lipgloss, which has 24 carat gold in it. The colour range is pretty impressive and this is a must-have gloss for anyone who loves to sparkle.

desiRED Professional Straighteners
£79.99 - Nicky Clarke

I've been a GHD whore for as long as I can remember, but I got these for my mother for Christmas last year and they genuinely put my long-loved GHDs to shame. They do everything you need your straighteners to do (mainly, I would assume, straighten) and if you're looking to get straighteners for someone this Christmas, these are the ones I would opt for.


The Lust List
This is my own personal fantasy Christmas list. I've never personally tried any of these, but if I ever bump into Santa and he asks me what I want, this is what I'd tell him.

Sigma Complete Kit - Chrome
$379 - Sigma
For all my many, many make-up needs. Brought to my attention by my girl crush and favourite Youtuber, Jaclyn Hill, I just want all the Sigma brushes. All of them.

Naked Palette
£37 - Urban Decay

If I had a penny for every time someone recommended this eyeshadow palette to me, I'd probably have enough money to actually buy it by now. It's beautiful.


The Ultimate Lust
£625 - Christian Louboutin
"Men I may not know but shoes, shoes I know." - Carrie Brashaw. Sex and the City.

So there is now officially no excuse not to look fabulous this Christmas. This coming from a girl currently lounging in Kirsty's bed with messy hair and no make up on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!