Tuesday 20 January 2015

DIY: Easy Peasy Valentine's Day Gift Tags

Just because I'm going to be spending Valentine's Day alone, pouring a combination of Jack Daniel's and Thornton's chocolates down my throat, does not mean that I can't get in on the festivities. Any excuse for a celebration (and/or copious amounts of chocolate).

So for the romantic, crafty, or extremely bored among you, I thought I'd share a really simple tutorial for these super cute handmade Valentine's Day gift tags. Even if your crafting skills are slim to none, these tags are really easy to do (and totally addictive to make).



You will need:

Wool
A darning needle
Coloured card
Glue

Instructions: 

1. Using your needle, pierce holes in your cardboard in the shape of a heart



2. Thread your wool through the holes.


 3. Cut out your heart shape



4. Glue the square onto another piece of card. It helps if you make sure all the loose wool ends are trimmed to make it less bulky


5. Make a hole in the top and threat some more wool through so you can tie your tag to your present



Didn't I say it was simple? Easy peasy, but so so cute (I may be biased as I love anything pink with hearts on)! And, of course, you could even use the same method to decorate a handmade card. Let your creative juices flow!

Personally I will be using one of these adorable tags on the extra large box of Valentine's Day chocolates that I will be sending...to myself. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone up for a chat? I'd love to hear your comments!